We believe Tacit Knowledge’s unique approach to Ecommerce Consulting ensures we get the best results for our client on-time, every time.
- We start with ‘why’ & conduct deep immersion so that we truly ‘get’ your business
- We deliver successful outcomes, not just ideas
- Our processes enable us to quickly iterate, refine and improve
- We deliver flexible and adaptable solutions
- Demonstrable success measurement is at the centre of what we do, with frequent checkpoints
- We do what we say we will do and maintain open visibility
- We work closely with you to ensure we create the best strategies and solutions
- We provide you with a consistent team and reliable points of contact
- Our cross-discipline experts in Ecommerce collaborate to ensure the right solutions are realised
Tacit Knowledge believe that the Inception and Discovery phase of a project is essential to ensure success throughout the delivery phase. We do this to work out not only which services are are most suited to a client’s immediate needs, but also with the aim of creating an enhancements roadmap to enable our clients to continuously improve their solution.
During an initial Inception phase, Tacit Knowledge offer the following services to effectively plan and manage the start of a new Ecommerce project:
- Identifying workshops needed, subject matter experts for each workshop and creation of a workshop schedule.
- Understanding the business operations, pain points and aspirations.
- Establishing an understanding of who will be performing which roles and the responsibilities of each role.
- Setting clear objectives and put criteria in place to measure success.
Once we’ve established a goal and a schedule for a project, Tacit Knowledge set out on a short Discovery session that typically lasts 2-4 weeks, depending on the size and scope of the project. Our objectives for Discovery include the following:
- Execution of client workshops and deep dive analysis to ascertain high level requirements.
- Creation of a final ‘Feature Map’ that is prioritised with the client.
- Creation of an estimated backlog of initiatives for delivery and a roadmap for how this will be achieved.
- Agreement on an approach that customizes the Tacit Knowledge delivery approach to the client’s needs
This service analyzes a set of interoperating applications and their underlying infrastructure based on a handful of criteria. These criteria originate from both the purpose of the effort and the mission for which the system is intended.
This service is used for:
- Software Product Selection. Select from a number of packaged software products for incorporation into a greater system.
- Code Review. Adherence of an internal or third-party software delivery to stated standards and best practices.
- Solution Design. Peer review of a planned solution or of a planned extension to an existing solution.
- Production Readiness. Assessing the completeness and maturity of provisioning, monitoring, alerts, deployments and similar components that determine the likely carry- cost and outage frequency of a solution.
- For the more innovative systems, this service is often extended to include prototyping, putting key design assumptions to the test.
How Tacit Knowledge approaches Agile coaching differs from traditional methods of education and adoption. We’ve found that a model that depends solely on project manager, coaching in an advisory capacity for several weeks, results in a short-lived organizational impact that is dubious at best. Moreover, the narrow focus on project mechanics glosses over the practice adoption required by developers and quality assurance to operate successfully in this paradigm.
Like medical schools, we believe in learn, do, teach as the best approach. The process begins with a multi-disciplinary team comprised of both client staff new to Agile and Tacit Knowledge Agile practitioners skilled in each discipline; quality assurance, development, project management, and business analysis. The team collaborates through several iterations of development (Learn). As familiarity with the methodology increases, the leadership functions are imparted to the apprentices (Do). Eventually, Tacit Knowledge experts roll-off the project, and new members are on-boarded. Their colleagues teach these new apprentices (Teach).
The result is an internal team of practitioners that impart this knowledge throughout the organization.