‘Tacit was fantastic from start to finish. They helped us get through the project both technically and emotionally, and made sure that no one felt lost or like we were starting over. But in reality, they basically rebuilt everything from the ground up.’
Marketing Technology Manager
For more than 55 years, Simpson Strong-Tie has focused on creating structural products that help people build safer and stronger homes and buildings. The company’s extensive product offering includes engineered structural connectors, fasteners, fastening systems, lateral force resisting systems, anchors and products that repair, protect and strengthen concrete.
Simply put, Simpson Strong-Tie’s products are what help structures resist high winds, hurricanes and seismic forces.
As a B2B company that sells through distributors and doesn’t have a direct-to- consumer presence – yet– its website served the company well for quite some time. But by 2012, it was time for an upgrade. With a site that was built on ASP.net, every page had to be manually created and even the simples change would take several days and emails to accomplish. Everything was handled internally and the responsibility to make edits or changes fell to a small team of developers.
- A dated website needed to be replaced with more modern infrastructure
- Unique requirements such as complex product groupings, and integration with a homegrown ERP system made for a complex implementation
- Multiple integration partners fell short, resulting in three years of failed launch attempts
- Implement a high-end eCommerce system from SAP Hybris to lay a foundation that will allow the company to quickly jump into eCommerce when the time is right
- Enlist Newgistics’ Tacit Knowledge for its expertise in complex commerce technology deployments – especially with SAP Hybris
- A new site built on best-in- class technology, tested for quality assurance and delivered in a timely manner
- Industry-first features including integration between SAP Hybris and Widen DAM, and single sign-on with Okta
- Immense time savings and better customer service through a more usable site that can be updated by business users worldwide