Our experience with SAP Hybris runs deep and includes implementations in twelve countries, social commerce development to support affiliate-selling models, and deep integrations with complementary solutions.
As with all technologies we embrace, we are committed to maintaining unrivaled expertise in the SAP Hybris platform to enable our clients to deliver the most optimal experience for their B2C and B2B customers. After carefully evaluating the latest version of the commerce platform with her team, Tacit Knowledge eCommerce Consultant Elizabeth Spencer highlights the new features you should know about!
SAP Hybris 6.3, the latest version of the leading commerce platform, was released earlier this month and we have had time to evaluate some of the key benefits for both B2C and B2B companies.
This version introduces some robust enhancements to existing core commerce capabilities, as well as some exciting new features. The latest release offers tools to enhance customer engagement, improve the dialogue between business and customer, and to empower customers to manage their own orders with maximum visibility of the fulfilment process.
Below, we’ve focused on some of the new features and functionalities that we feel offer the biggest improvement to the customer experience – both by directly improving their order journey, and by streamlining vendor fulfillment processes to maximize delivery efficiency.
Customer 360° View
The new Customer 360° view within the Assisted Service Module (ASM) for SAP Hybris 6.3 provides relevant real-time and relevant customer information to a Customer Services Agent. This enables businesses to offer highly personalized, quality support to their customers.
Key Improvements and Features:
• Quick Customer Snapshot
– Offers the availability to immediately see key details about a customer such as name, account creation date and latest cart/order details.
• Customer Overview
– Customer Service Reps can now view snapshot details about customer loyalty, their most viewed categories/products, preferred browsing devices and current shopping cart.
• Activity Feed
– This feature provides a Customer Service Agent with a view of the most recently edited items by a customer: Orders, Carts and Support Tickets all clearly marked with a description, status and date created/updated.
• Profile, Favorites and Recommend
– These views allow Customer Service Agents to view further details about a customer such Payment Methods & Saved Addresses, a detailed view of their favorite products, and suggested recommendations for the customer.
SAP Hybris 6.3 introduces Commerce Quote capabilities, which builds on the existing Hybris quote functionality. Commerce Quote allows for a much richer user experience that mimics the complex reality of B2B transactions, and a much more flexible quote approval workflow. The quotes feature is now available across all Accelerators (not just B2B), meaning it is available for all businesses who want to offer quotes to their customers.
Key Improvements and Features:
• Seller-Initiated Quotes
– Sales representatives can now create their own quotes to send to customers. This includes the ability to enter quote expiration dates, add comments to the prospective buyer at both individual product level/entire quote level, and apply discounts to the order subtotal.
• Approval Workflow
– Vendors can now set up a workflow wherein responses to quotes can require second-level approval if it exceeds a certain threshold. This allows businesses to better manage large orders and discount values that may require internal validation.
• Enhanced Customer
– Initiated Quotes – Customers now have the ability to draft more than one quote at a time. Customers can edit an existing draft quote, and add a description and comments to any quote submitted. A customer can now cancel a quote, and re-submit an existing quote for further negotiation.
The enhancements to Order Management in SAP Hybris 6.3 offer benefits for both Customer and Vendor. Customers are empowered to manage and view their own returns, allowing Customer Service teams to reallocate their time to activities where they can add more customer value. Furthermore, the improvements to fulfillment allow businesses to fine-tune their sourcing logic.
Key Improvements and Features:
• Self-Initiated Returns
– Customers can now request a partial or a complete return from their account management page/dashboard, instead of having to engage with Customer Service. They can also easily view their returns history and status from within their account.
• External Warehouses
– External vendors now be integrated to accept orders for fulfillment, communicating back directly to SAP Hybris Order Management, or using the Order Fulfillment Cockpit to process their consignment updates.
• Fulfillment Location Ranking
– Order Management has been updated with a ‘Score Factor’ to dynamically update the ranking of different fulfillment locations. Currently this can be done manually, but this offers the future possibility of integration with a Warehouse Analytics tool to optimize sourcing strategy and cut delivery times and costs.
But that’s not all! SAP Hybris 6.3 also introduces a number of other features, including improvements to the SmartEdit feature to allow the display of relevant content Product Carousels and further personalization of offers.
Finally, on the architecture side, Hybris 6.3 now offers support for containerization; you can now run Hybris in a Docker container, meaning there is huge potential for simpler, more reliable configuration and deployment processes, as well as better consistency across different environments.
Do these features sound like tools that may help improve your business? Contact us now for to find out more about what Hybris 6.3 version could offer you.
SmartLabel+ is a new solution that drives greater efficiency and cost savings while delivering better customer experiences in the eCommerce returns process. We take the friction out of returns so you can mind the store.