- We used, state of the art, hybris software to prepare for a sustainable future. “Creating a sustainable business for the future requires moving from a catalogue focused business to an omni-channel, eCommerce led business approach. The go live of the pilot in Austria was a major milestone on this journey,” said Jonathan Newman, VP eCommerce & Marketing Operations and International CIO at Office Depot.
- One of the key elements throughout the replatforming project was the Voice of the Customer. “One of the key values that we have within Office Depot is that the customer is at the heart of everything that we do”, says Newman. “Besides creating a new website, based on the latest technological requirements, we’ve gathered customer input to deliver a website that answered to their specific needs.”
- Tacit Knowledge built an e-commerce platform capable of supporting new features and international growth. We implemented a responsive design to optimize customer journeys across all digital devices, and a new Data Architecture ensured data is consumed efficiently.
- One of the visible changes is the responsive framework. This means the website can be accessed on all devices while maintaining an optimized design and consistent user experience. According to the Global B2C eCommerce Report 2014, 73.4% of Internet users access the web through a mobile device which makes this a necessity to have.
- Enterprise-level commerce solution offering new features such as bespoke pricing & promotions calculation, optimized search functionality for more relevant and accurate results and a more streamlined buying experience via single page checkout.
- Another feature that was renewed was the search functionality. Newman says: “Customers have indicated that finding products easily is key for them to continue their purchase, which is why our search functionality has been optimized. Predictive search allows customers to select the right product from a drop down menu after typing in the first few letters. This will lead to more relevant and accurate search results. The changes we’ve implemented allow customers to navigate through our pages more quickly, find what there are looking for more quickly and check out more quickly. A win, win, win situation!”
An overview of the key (new) features can be found here. Though a lot of changes are visible for customers, there are technical changes and enhancements that are running at the back end. “There is so much we’ve done. For the actual user experience, I suggest people take a look themselves”, adds Newman.