- A global auto manufacturer wanted to connect car buyers to a digital commerce shopping experience.
- Enterprise-scale project crossed borders to build a platform supporting all vehicles.
- A complex integration of disparate systems and a multi-faceted catalog.
- The premiere of the automaker’s integrated B2C eCommerce site debuted with the launch of their ground-breaking All-Electric car.
- This initiative was a big deal. You might have read about it.
This popular Automaker announced their plans to join the electric age with the debut of a sporty all-electric car. Further, for the first time, customers could pre-order the newest addition to the manufacturer’s illustrious stable on an eCommerce reservation site with a deposit of some value greater than $4500 Norwegian Krone.
Due to the popularity of the sporty car combined with a broadly advertised launch event, streamed live on YouTube, the systems had to be available and scale for the high traffic demand. It was a massive milestone for the company and the entire automotive industry. Tacit Knowledge delivered a no-issue launch for this Automotive giant – a fantastic achievement for all involved!
- High-profile, public launch with set date for the live event – delays not an option
- Globally distributed business units
- Implement new business model – never been done
- Successful, on-time product launch and live event
- First B2C vehicle launch in Automaker’s history
- Hundreds of thousands of pre-orders with technology no-issues
- Enabled client to scale and customize a global solution