“We brought in Tacit to correct the mistakes of another SI and put us on the right path. Tacit’s SAP experience, professionalism, their focus on a high-quality solution and an unwavering commitment to helping us succeed is invaluable.”
Global Marketing Technology Manager
- Partnership with Tacit since 2018
- Rich content blended with commerce in a Responsive User Interface
- Launch of international websites in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese
Blount International, Inc. is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for the forestry, lawn, and garden; farm, ranch, and agriculture; and concrete cutting and finishing markets. Blount sells its products in more than 110 countries around the world. Blount offers these products under the brand names OREGON®, Speeco, Woods, Carlton®, among others.
To support the fast-growing needs of the users across the world, in 2018, Blount International Inc teamed up with Tacit Knowledge to redefine the brand experience and update the Oregon brand products website across all digital touchpoints. This project focused primarily on simplifying and enhancing the user journey and creating a unified site experience across several countries.
- A dated and inconsistent website experience in the US and across other countries
- Unable to create customer connection due to a lack of a compelling brand story
- Botched partnership with previous SI
- Complex Product Taxonomy paired with confusing navigation
- Organic Search challenges resulting in lost conversion opportunities
- Inadequate post-purchase support
- Enrich customer journey through a redesigned home page and rich content throughout the site.
- Custom developed content widgets in Hybris SmartEdit created by Tacit knowledge show clearly defined paths and spaces for homeowners and professionals, emphasis on brand history, relevant photos and videos.
- Hybris localizations enabled the launch of International websites across Canada and LatAm with integration into Translations.com to seamlessly publish once-authored content in multiple languages.
- Improving global search capabilities to surface not only products but also videos, articles and other relevant content.
- Giving Business users automated tools to update and maintain the catalog reducing personnel time overheads.
- Automating product syndication to 3rd party sellersImproving the UI/UX of the part finder tool to help users find the correct part every time.
- Agile training to deliver working software every two weeks.
- A rich, engaging and consistent user journey highlighting the brand
- Improved customer experience for international customers and reducing multiple site maintenance for business users
- Improved search and navigation resulting in higher conversions
- Higher customer and dealer satisfaction with post-purchase support resulting in decreased returns and calls to customer care